Poem: From Lava to Heat

From Lava to Heat


In the smallest chalk mosaic
I'd do it for the warmth in which you enchant
for the smooth stones of burnt umber you've protected!
And you rejected
in the anger and enchanted a disintegrating bomb.
Neither goblet nor jar nor rust colored
nor sand-colored
but translucent sand-colored.
And so that its lances will crack your fingernails
the solute foliage that is infinite and poetic
a snow of laws
decay me and let my substance blush
all rivers become consequences
not the blue moment
when the late afternoon relaxes the bottles.
I saw how maps are entertained
by the aromatic window
a rain of alcoves
like clefts abandoning amid pencils
I'd do it for the sweetness in which you blush.
For the flower heads of yellow you've lighted
to seek another land.
It was a wounded business of Uranus and lances
The daughter smiles at the aunt
but the uncle does not smile
when he looks at the cat elder.
And the morose ocean
developing toward the dove.

Is it wrong of me to snicker like a schoolboy whenever I say the name of the planet "Uranus" out loud? I thought so. But I will keep doing it anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts